Mmmm, one of my faves…I’m into sweet & spicy. This dip is pure heaven. Don’t fight it, double dip.
You will need:
(1) 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 T cumin
2 T lemon juice
(2) 8 oz packages cream cheese (CRUCIAL)
Let’s get to work:
1. Chop the cranberries up.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. *CAREFUL of the seeds now, if you hate spicy well toss the jalapeno pepper out. You’ve ruined this dip.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak in to the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate.
5. Spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can.
6. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
7. Spread that goodness all around…oh yeah.
8. Serve immediately with Wheat Thins or Tortilla Chips.