One of the things I wrote down for 2017 was that I would dress up more. No, not a resolution but just something I wrote down to myself, for myself. I live in casual clothes. I love keeping it casual!! That’s the beauty of working from home or is it? I almost got too comfortable and was beginning to let myself slip jeans and tee every single day. So whether it’s errands around town, meetings (yes, I kept it casual there too), working outside from the home…I told myself it’s time to dress up more. So I have and I am. So far so good and I’ll be pretty honest with you, it makes me feel good too. I don’t know what “dressing up” does to the brain that then sends these confident waves down my spine but it does! I’ve always believed that first impressions are always about confidence and not the clothes you wear but today, I take some of that back and have met dressing well in the middle.
5 reasons why you should dress well, says the girl always in denim:
- It makes a good impression (duh) When you look good, people notice! Confidence plays a huge part, btw.
- You’ll never know who you run into. Ugggggh, so guilty of this happening and I was kicking myself for choosing workout pants for high-rise pants. Don’t fight this one, you know it’s so true.
- You can express yourself! One of the best ways to express who you are is through what you wear.
- Creativity boost! Trying a new outfit or adding a new accessory can really help get those creative juices flowing.
- You deserve to feel amazing and fabulous! Why should you save dressing up for special occasions? You deserve to look great every single day. And when you look great, you feel great. Fact! Fact!